Monday, June 22, 2009

I wish the zoo had dinosaurs

Texts from last night said something about, “Jurassic Park popping up in your life a lot recently?”

Yes.

Ugghhhh, I just want to be around dinosaurs. Not even joking, I have thoughts about them a lot. Them being dinosaurs. Just last night, I had a vision of a T-Rex walking down Spring Garden Street. Earlier this week, I was at the Academy of Natural Sciences, dropping off a DVD, when a woman spotted me out of everyone in the room and asked:

“You saw Jurassic Park?”
I nodded.
Then she said,
“What were those scary little dinosaurs called?” (While making her arms look like they were attached to her body at the wrist).
I said, “Velociraptors?”
She hugged me with her eyes, clenched her fists and said “THANK YOU!”

They’re not very little though; I just knew what she meant from her arm motions.
I’m thinking that I went down the wrong path in my life, and now I’m constantly being reminded of it, by dinosaurs.

On a lighter and higher note, I don’t believe in god, but I do believe in parking gods.

Thank you parking gods.

All of this may seem a bit scatter brained, because it is.

I was walking the other day, which I frequently do. I stopped at a red light and there at the light, Nacisha, the female god, approached me. She is not a parking god. She asked me if she could talk to me for a minute. I had the choice to be silent, or pretend like I didn’t speak English, which I’ve been known to do when approached by people who intimidate me. Nacisha didn’t intimidate me though.

So I thought, what the heck, I’ll read a passage from the bible. By the way, she held out a bible and asked me if I would read a passage. I said, “yes,” without consideration. I kept thinking, is this the moment when I will start believing in god? Because, it’s about time.

She was talking about how in the bible; god is referred to as a female on numerous accounts.

From that point on, I was kind of zoning out a bit, thinking about feminists and Ani Difranco. Then I got this overwhelming urge to hug the woman, but I held back. I just felt weird holding the bible, and I wanted to abort; so hugging her would have been a good option.

What did I do instead?

I got her digits. To be fair, she told me to take her number and call her when I wanted more information on the female god. I guess my discomfort of walking while reading the bible was apparent.

Oddly enough, it was the first of the two times I would touch a bible in two days. Have I held a bible before? Yes. Did I like it? No. The second time I will talk about at a later date.

So I left Nacisha, and continued on my way to see Jenny Lewis. Which brings me to the point of the above story:

I want to have the voice of an angel, like Nacisha, Jenny Lewis, and the woman who asked me about the dinosaurs. I want to be able to sing well, so badly, that I WILL believe in a female god.

This female god will be in the form of Sarahjane Pattwell. She is going to teach me how to harmonize. She was at the concert with me that night, when I realized what I had to do, and had to make her do.

Teach me to sing Sarahjane, I’m yours.

love,
julia

No comments:

Post a Comment