Tuesday, April 7, 2009

American Spirits

Oh Blogs.

Since I'm not one for concise thoughts and complete sentences, Ima blog from the heart. I vow to blog my streaming thoughts. I figure I will boost up my blogbase that way.

This, my first blog, is called American spirits because my friend Eric just told me he is going to go buy cigarettes (he smokes American Spirits) and then do work. I said I was going to buy cigarettes, then burn myself with them. Hence the title American Spirits. The good news is I was kidding about burning myself.

The bad news is I procrastinate daily, and this blog band wagon is probably not the best mode of transportation for my mind, if you catch my drift. Anywho, I eat bananas and procrastinate daily, so I'm combining somethings I do daily, with something that will cause me to do something I do daily, even more so.

To start and end this blogette (if you will) on a high note, I'm going to recount a story that happened to me when I was a Freshman in High School, although it has nothing to do with High School.

It was a day, the weather was overcast...I forget the season...but I was walking into club wawa, aka the friendly neighborhood wawa, except this wasn't my neighborhood. It was a cold and dark neighborhood, and I was cursed by an old woman. Before this day, I didn't even believe in curses, or black magic or evil. Now I do.

There was a woman coming out of the wa the same time I was going in. This woman had her angry eyes shut too tight to see that I was opening the door FOR her, and not cutting her off. I continued to hold the door open, and then finally she came through.

I wasn't expecting a thank you or anything, I just have this thing with holding doors, it makes me feel powerful, I'll hold a door for anyone, and if there is a line of people, I will wait there, shameless, holding that door, unless they are more than 20 steps away, that's too long.

So the woman didn't thank me, totally understandable since I thought she couldn't even see me. Just then she stops, turns to me while she pulls off her bright and colorful for lack of better words, bandanna doo-rag, and says to me, "I hope you look like this someday," while she points with her shaking pointer finger to her non-age related bald head.

If you have been cursed by this woman, or have any information on her whereabouts, please let me know. I think I have already been cursed by her, but I just want to know for sure.

Thanks,
Julia

Refereneces: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doo-rag

FYI: If you were wondering what the hybrid of a bandanna and a doo-rag, just pictures these two images together, cross your eyes, and viola.

3 comments:

  1. I just read your comment. I can't believe you have the audacity to call my weblog bland... The rub lies within the words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized I misused the phrase "the rub"...

    ReplyDelete